Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A normal day

Let's be funky. Colored font. That's one way.

Fun times. Woke up to the sound of a puking dog about 5:15 am. Finally got up about 6:30 after her hacking and smacking kept happening every few minutes. Agh! Oh, yeah. Did I mention the poop and pee along with the vomit? After some grass cud and some steamed rice with chicken stock, Roxy stopped shaking and curled up on the couch with a throw pillow for some well deserved catch up sleep. Us? We sipped our coffee, read our Bibles and books, wrote in our journals, and made our to-do lists for the day. (Hmmm...I wonder if I can squeeze getting pregnant in there...) A normal day. How sweet that phrase!

If only it were true. I think about the time. It's after 8 am! And I'm not at a job. It's great, but then I think of my buddies who are still working. My face falls. They too would like this kind of morning. Of course, minus the dog excrements. But along with this morning I get bills that I'm still responsible for paying and no guarantee of a certain paycheck every two weeks. Self-employment. It's a wonderful thing. Luckily, I'm not your average girl. I say, "Bring on the bills!" I mean, bring on the regular bills. I don't want any new ones. (Unless, it's for an OB visit! Ha!) Keep praying.

Here's a little Yellowstone for ya. I had this printed and put it up in our living room yesterday. It's nice.

Til next time.

No comments: