Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Miss My Friends

Well, I had to say goodbye to my best friend and her hubby the other day. They were able to visit us from Louisville, KY and then attend a wedding this past weekend. We love, love, love Max & Sara and wish we could live closer. We're all praying that this happens in some way. You can join us.

This seems to be the case with many of my close friends. Most of you know that Martin and Jani had to move back to South Africa and that others of my closest pals have moved away for work or other very substantial reasons. Luckily, the internet has been a huge help in keeping in touch. However, there is nothing quite like a real hug or actually looking into your friends' eyes to survey their tone of voice and sense of emotion behind their conversations. I will never underestimate time spent in person with my friends. They are memories I carry with me and refer to often for comfort, a good laugh, or just to reminisce. I'm sure most of you probably agree with me. And I'm sure you have friends that are separated from you for a time as well.

On a lighter note, Max & Sara taught us this game called Bananagrams while they were here. It was quite fun. It's a good mix between a crossword puzzle and Scrabble. Plus, it's interesting to see what words are swimming around in others' heads. (snicker) I won't tell on anyone via internet. You're lucky! You know who you are...

Reach out and hug your friends who are close. Appreciate the time you have with them and never forget that life can take them out of your reach in a flash. Until next time...

(P.S. If you haven't witnessed Max & Sara's wedding dance video, you can find it on YouTube.)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi friend!
So I'm not exactly a friend who is out of reach...I'm just in Michigan for another 3 days! We're home all next week...we should hang out :)
Miss you!

sara said...

I love ya! And we miss you too! Max and I are joining in the prayer vigil to get us living closer to each other. :)

We had a great time in Joplin and hope that we can have another visit sometime in the near future.

Banagrams is the most fun game ever...especially late at night!! haha