Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Glasses
















So I went to America's Best a few weeks ago and voila! I have two pairs of glasses. Yes, two. Not that I need two, but they strike a great bargain there and why not take it? It's about the same price with just one pair.

Please let me know what you think and which pair you find more appealing. Of course, I have my more studious, intellectual pair. The others are more for every day wear. Comments encouraged.

Today I got a call from Jessica at Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Jasper and Newton Counties. Monte and I were both welcomed into the program after we had our home visit and interviews on Tuesday. This means that we are now both going to be paired with "Littles" and we can then start the mentoring process. With any new endeavor, I'm a little overzealous in my plans. They'll probably tone down by the time we actually get together for the first time. I get to meet the parent of a little on Monday who will hopefully be my pal for 1-4 hours each week. I'm really excited!

Have a great Thursday. It's my brother's-in-law birthday today. Happy Birthday!

Watching Pride and Prejudice today after I've been told over and over again that it's so amazing. Monte's at work. Perfect timing. We'll also be enjoying the company of some of Monte's family this weekend to celebrate the first birthday of a little one.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...hard decision. I love them both. Sounds like you're loving not working every day!

Jaans said...

I love the second one!

Miss you friend!