Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Gift

So I'm an avid Bible reader. I was checking out some passages that reflected some points of prayer for Monte. It came from this chart I made from the book "The Power of a Praying Wife." It includes all the things that we, as wives, should pray about concerning our husbands. This one was on his work. As most of you know, Monte is currently in transition from traveling with Believe and finding a ministry position at a church. So he's working at BioLife, a quality establishment, to pay the bills while the search continues for a church where he will be utilized the most for God's glory.

In this daily prayer regimen, I read these passages and then lift up a prayer for my dear, sweet hubby. He's so great. He really does spoil me. It's just too bad that the compliments I receive about him are probably not anywhere close to the ones he may or may not receive about me. Let's just say that I'm vocal and not everyone likes vocal. On to the subject at hand. I read a verse in Ecclesiastes, chapter 5. Verse 19 reads, "Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God." Whoa! I'd say so. This is what Monte desires for his work one day. Not that what he is doing right now isn't good. But it's not the fulfillment of his talents or the culmination of his studies and experience put into practice. His passions and drives in his work ability are not utilized at a plasma donation center. That's why I keep praying. And if you know anything about this book in the Bible, King Solomon basically refrains time and time again that life is meaningless. So when he included this verse, I'd say he meant every bit of it.

If you do get to enjoy your work, you're lucky. Thank God for it. It's a gift.

No comments: