Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Friends

I have a really great friend who just celebrated a birthday Sunday. Sara L. Hill is a wonderful and glorious friend. I cherish our times of just us. Well, Gibson joins us most times. But you know what I mean. I was able to bless her with a Panera birthday breakfast a couple days before her actual birthday. It's amazing how much a yummy bagel, all toasty and spread with cream cheese, and a cup of coffee accompanied by good conversation and company can heal the soul and refresh even the ickiest of moods. Mmmm...it was delightful.

Another great friend, Sara Mitchell Semenick. Yes, Sara. Another one. In fact, the next friend to write about is yet another Sara. But Sara Semenick is expecting their first baby March 16th - a boy. I'm pumped and SO ready to go visit when he's a few weeks old once family has had their initial fill. Gibson and I will probably pack up and head out to Louisville. Not sure if Monte can come and I'm contemplating having my mom or someone else come with me to help with Gibson and driving. P.S. Did you know that nursing in the car is legal in some states? Just found that out. Sara Semenick and I go way back to my sophomore year of college. We were blessed to spend two years together at college as best buds and volleyball teammates. We've been mega close every since. She and her hubby, Max, were able to visit when Gibson was 5 weeks old. They bought him his Boppy, which we LOVE!

Last Sara for the day. Sara Conley, formerly Sara Cable, is also pregnant due early April. This Sara is having a girl, little Darcy Elizabeth. I was blessed that she had a shower here in Joplin that I could attend. It was not good for me to see all the precious baby girl stuff. All these pregnant friends are bad for my agreement to wait til Gib is at least a year before we discuss another one. Ack! But I have thoroughly enjoyed hearing about all the different things she and all 8 other pregnant friends are experiencing. This Sara is basically a walking complication. I won't breach her privacy on her health issues, but pregnancy has definitely brought out some quirks for her body to handle. She and Brad are anxiously awaiting the arrival while cherishing and loving every moment she's still in utero.

Last friend - JANI BRAVENBOER. Ya know, I miss this girl the most because it's been over 2 years since I've seen her, hugged her, and shared with her face to face. Jani and Martin, who are also expecting a girl but on March 16th, had to move back to South Africa Dec. 11, 2007. (Heavy sigh...) However, life back home has been good to them and I pray that God continues to use them for His purposes day in and day out. Their new ministry of being parents will be mind blowing, I'm sure! It is different once experienced and it's worth every ache, pain, sickness, or contraction. Oh, man, is it! I pray for Jani very often and want to see her again. I know it will happen. It's just a matter of when. We'll see.

God is good, right? I have 5 other friends who are expecting. Yes, 5. Again, not good on the whole waiting to have another kid goal. Monte keeps me in check. He's not as eager to get back into the fertility freedom stage as I am. Alas, Gibson deserves to have me for a while all to himself. I'm sure I'll be better equipped to have another with giving him this time too. So long for now!

No comments: