Monday, February 8, 2010

Update



It's been a while. Apologies to all those who keep up. I'm sure it's a whopping two or three people! No matter how few, you are important. Gibson is now 4 months old. He's like 17 lbs and growing at a ridiculous rate. We've tried a little cereal every now and then, but he doesn't seem to NEED it. I thought he did, but that idea has fizzled out. He sleeps like 10 hours at night with or without cereal. Sometimes I'm lucky and he sleeps 11 hours and wakes up at 7. It seems no matter how many days I let him fuss til 6:30 he will still wake up at 6. I guess I'll just wait til he gets older for him to sleep longer. I'm heading back to teaching Virtuous Reality next week. I'm pumped. I get to kick it off by doing the girls' STI slides. Favorite! Last time I did them, I had a couple girls in class quietly crying. It broke my heart. They never did share with my why so I just prayed for them. I started back to LifeChoices 3 weeks ago. Right off the bat, I had a client who said that she had to have an abortion even though she would never tell anyone else to do it. Her mother was distraught over this decision and she said that she was unsure of how her mom could love her after she goes through with it. Even after an ultrasound and seeing the miraculous flicker of the heartbeat, she was still determined. I just kept praying. Only God knows what's going on in her heart and mind right now. I just saw the pain she was experiencing and wondered why we even let people have this choice. Yeah, pregnancy is hard and raising a kid is even harder. But living with the memory and pain of getting rid of the life created, whether good timing or not, is exponentially harder from what those who've had them have shared. God is so much bigger than those problems yet He chooses to be a part of every one of them. He welcomes those babies into his arms just like he did ours back in Oct. '08. Luckily for them, He does a much better job than any parent here can. His love is perfect and whole, rich and full, abundant and overflowing. And with the birth of Gibson and the loss of our first baby, I've become very emotional when it comes to them. The first time Gibson decides he doesn't need me or want me and shows it I'm going to secretly fall to pieces. I hear him stirring in the other room. He's so cute. He's dreaming or trying to get through a light sleep stage. He'll be wriggling around and trying to find his hands all while his eyes are closed. The other night we looked in on him and he was curled up on his left side with his little hands nestled in front of his face. Precious! Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Jaans said...

I love it when you blog, I wish you would more often. It is as if I can hear you tell the story! Love you friend, and he is SO CUTE!!!