Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love, Sweet, Love

So Valentine's Day came and went. No big deal for us. We love each other every day! Actually, neither one of us is big on gifts and big displays of thoughtfulness that requires money we'd rather spend on something useful or to eat. Monte is glad I don't care about flowers or candy or any gifts, really. I don't like shopping, although now I get a kick out of how many great deals I get when buying baby stuff for Gibson. Exciting life, I know.

Gibson now sleeps consistently til 6:30. I'm being very patient in getting him to 7 am at least. He would make things MUCH easier if he slept til then. I think he's also ready to be on a 4 hour routine and get 4 feedings each day. Right now he does 5, but it's a short feeding. Trial and error are key to good parenting. You try it, assess, take notes, and make a decision. Luckily, my baby Bible has been BabyWise, and I'm so grateful. I'm constantly referencing it to make sure I'm within normal expectations on nap times, # of naps, hours of nighttime sleep, # of feedings, etc.

Also, Gib made his 4 mo. appearance at Dr. Holmes' office last Friday. He wasn't quite close to 17 lbs. I thought for sure I saw the scale correctly at our neighbors' house a couple weeks ago. But I was wrong. He weighed in at 15 lbs 10 oz. Still quite above "average" for 4 months old. He's healthy and that's what matters. He was like 25 3/4" long too.

Now, about shots. I was prepared for the worst this time. Last time, Gibson screamed and cried and cried and cried. He looked at me and stuck out his lip and his eyes seemed to be asking, "Why, Mommy? Why is this mean nurse lady stabbing needles into my thighs?" Heart wrenching! I was on the verge of tears. And you all know that I'm NOT a crier. Whew! Awful. But this time, he whimpered a little bit with each shot and that was it! As soon as she was done, he recovered in mere seconds. I was highly relieved.

Just read the last Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows. It was good. Now I'm ready to see the cinematography challenge of bringing it to life. There will be quite a bit to see. Oh, and I'm way behind the norms and watched Twilight for the first time yesterday. It was alright. I've been told that the books are much better and that the second film was made much better than the first. I have to decide if I want to commit to reading the books first. What do you guys say? Anyone read them?

Enjoy your weekend. I'm off to figure out dinner. Love you all!

No comments: