Friday, January 24, 2014

Valentine's Day

Aanna's Blog

This is from a friend of mine who was previously in my Mom's Connection table group. She's a gifted writer and quite intellectually astute. I read this and feel it fits perfectly with things I've been writing about. With Valentine's Day coming up, it's quite fitting. And it's icing on the cake that they named their daughter Valentine!

So after reading Aanna's blog, ponder how you feel about your spouse. Chew on that and be honest about it. List some behaviors you have towards your husband on a regular basis. Do they consist of these?
- Nagging
- Criticism
- Cold shoulder/silent treatment

Or these?
- Affection
- Affirmation
- Encouragement

Ahhhhh…….it stings sometimes to be brutally honest with yourself. I've found that one of the hardest things to do in life can be self-evaluation. Either we are way too easy on ourselves or quite harsh. It's rare to find a happy medium in this arena. But I was here several years ago in our marriage, trying to better my wifely interaction with Monte. I am hyper critical by nature. It's a gift and a curse. But when it comes to my husband, being critical is not the best way to be. So began the journey to start praying instead of criticizing.  And it's HIGHLY effective! I recommend this route over any other. I prayed for him and for me. The Holy Spirit has not disappointed. I know that we aren't immune 100% against marital woes, but we are highly armed by the Almighty when trouble comes. 

Think about the many faces of you your husband receives throughout the day. Are they pleasant? inviting? affirming? loving? trusting? Will your husband come home to your warm embrace or your list of demands? Will he get to snuggle with his favorite feminine form or get the sweat pants treatment? 

If you were me, you would regularly remind him as to why he married you and was so eager to have you. Just saying. Make it a great Valentine's Day!!!!!

No comments: